With a company name like DATAMATX, which does not fully identify what we do, we were faced with the issue of how to get our name better recognized in the vertical markets we serve. Patricia Kilgore and her team have helped us secure articles in industry publications, which led to speaking engagements and then to requests from online publications for regular content. In addition, with Sterling Kilgore we have obtained continuity in all our marketing efforts, including collateral and our website. All of these initiatives have greatly raised our visibility and have helped to establish our president and CEO, Harry Stephens, as a thought leader in our industry.
We have been so pleased with Sterling Kilgore that we have recommended them to three other companies who are now all benefiting from the outstanding PR and marketing services Sterling Kilgore provides.
Director of Marketing
A client since January of 2006, the president of DATAMATX had a goal to become an industry thought leader on issues important to his vertical client base.
Since this visibility campaign, Harry Stephens, president of DATAMATX, has been asked to speak to the U.S. Postal Service’s Board of Governors, was elected president of the highly prestigious INg organization, has contributed content to numerous trade publications, was extended a regular column, Harry’s Corner, in a leading trade publication and received the coveted President’s Award from Xplor International for humanitarian efforts after Hurricane Katrina.
Target Market Focus
- Financial institutions like credit unions
- Equipment leasing and financing
How We Did It
With a goal of increasing awareness of DATAMATX in the vertical markets and positioning DATAMATX as a thought leader in the industry, we used the following tactics:
- Published thought-leadership articles in vertical trade publications
- Published thought-leadership articles in industry trade publications
- E-newsletters to client base
- Harry’s Corner columns
In 2010 Sterling Secured:
- 11 Published thought-leadership articles in vertical trade publications
- 6 Published thought-leadership articles in industry trade publication
- 5 E-newsletters developed and distributed
- 8 Harry’s Corner columns developed and published